Friday, March 12, 2010

Tomorrow's the day!

And I'm ready to run!
I've read that everything you wear/use on a race should be road tested, but I became worried that the 8 water stations wouldn't be enough for me, so I went belt shopping. But... I'm already wearing a support belt for the belly. And those snazzy belts are pricey. So I opted for a handheld bottle with a soft strap. The strap has a pocket where I can put my gels. I usually hold my phone and keys on my outdoor runs, so I figure an ergonomic bottle should be okay.
The only thing I'm worried about is what to eat in the morning. I don't want to have to go #2 out on the course. I was thinking just eggs, but a friend suggested that I need carbs... I've been doing my long runs early in the morning and not eating anything beforehand. But maybe I'll take her suggestion of a banana and peanut butter toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment