Monday, March 22, 2010

I did it!

I have no idea why I've procrastinated coming on to post about the half!
I loved it! It was not torturous and it didn't feel like forever! I woke up, ate a banana and peanut butter on toast as recommended by a friend and we got on the road. I decided on shorts and a long sleeved Nike top over my tank and support belt and was surprised by how cold and windy it felt. But once we started running, it felt great. The first half of the race was scenic and beautiful. I finished the first 6mi in barely over an hour. I had to pee, but I didn't want to leave the course to use the port-o-pots set up at start and I kept going.
Some of the tunnels were long and difficult for my eyes to adjust from the contrasting brightness outside, so I had to slow down because I didn't want to risk falling. But they were cool. Then the course went into a reclamation area that was boring and hilly. The turnaround was at a view of the dam, but I was too focused on finishing to care to stop. It was in the reclamation area that one of the aid stops had two pots and I was finally able to go!
I maintained the run 3min, speed walk 2min throughout the race, and often walked less than two minutes because I felt great and ready to run. I finished in 2hrs41min, #519 of 593. Not too bad for 21wks pregnant!
I would love to see how I do when not pregnant, but I don't know when that'll happen since the training was quite a commitment for me and with 2kids and huge sore milk jugs, it might be awhile before I want to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment