Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Keep on keepin on

I flew back to my mom's for my little sister's graduation last week. Aside from that, my plans revolved mainly around where I would be stuffing my face.
But I wasn't too bad! While I did eat whatever I wanted, the fear of bloated, gassy, heartburn and that taut, "my belly is going rip open at the navel" sensation kept me from going overboard. And I dragged my mom with me to the gym every day.
On the day of my flight out there, I did not enjoy my morning run. So I had resolved to find more support or give it up for cross-training. While shopping with my mom I found a high-waist body shaper, not maternity, that offered some nice compression and came up over my belly button. And I figure I can use it post-partum too! I ran with it on under my running shorts, with my maternity support belt, and while the pressure created a more intense sensation like I needed to pee while I ran, I was pubic/groin/round ligament pain free! I'm too excited!
BUT... the weird spring we were having in Vegas is apparently over. It's hot. So if I'm going to run, it has to be in the early morning. So I haven't run since being back because my husband was out of town and I don't have a padded room in which to lock my three year old LOL
You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment